Wednesday, January 23, 2013

What I'm working on now...

I just finished a few of the many orders I have pending in my Etsy Shop. I've been so busy. Since the first of November, when the holiday rush hit, I've created over 80 pincushions! Just looking at that number makes me want to go take a nap.

I am blessed to have so many loyal customers. I adore each and every one of them. Mostly because the challenge me. They give me a bit of financial independence, which allows me to cater to my lovely fabric addiction. Because they ask me to create special little somethings or even when they request one of my favorite styles, I try to give each order my undivided attention.

Here is one of my latest for Michelle-

Here is a detail shot showing all the tiny beads and lovely stitches involved in making this, "Garden of Delight" Needlecase.

I adore wool, wool roving, hand-dyed wool and sparkly beads. This needlecase allows me to play with all my favorite materials and colors. The many hours of stitching involved is truly a labor of love. I was sad to see this one go.

She also ordered a pincushion from a while back called the "Mary Had A Little Lamb" pincushion. Again I got to play with wool. What is nice about this one is the raw wool with all its curly goodness. The body of the wool is made from recycled sweaters. I love to add a bit of green to my shop. I think the fabric brings some happy karma with it.

I had another pear to make...

Lots of Wool Leaves..

A few Crazy Patch..more to come...


And recently a "Color Me Happy" Patchwork.

So if you are wondering why I haven't had as many new additions to my shop, or if you are waiting for one of your creations, have faith. I pour all my time and love into each item as it comes up on my list. I try to rush out the easy and ready made orders asap. But I never rush through something I love to make. I enjoy the process and I hope you feel that it was worth the wait.

Don't forget to sign up for my Grow Your Blog Party giveaway below. I'm giving away one of my popular "Stick With Me" pin assortments. 10 fun beaded pins to adorn your favorite pincushion.

Back to work!







13 comments:

Acorn to Oak said...

Your creations are stunning! I'm so impressed! :-)

Cathy said...

Your creations are a treat for the eye! Love that little lamb.
Cathy

Gayle said...

I can't decide which of these items I like the best, because each of them is so delightful! You do such beautiful work!

sew.darn.quilt said...

all your creations are so very pretty :)

Createology said...

It is easy to see how and why you have so many orders to fill. Your work is stunning. Blissful Creating...

margaret said...

a beautiful selection of little makes here, I am sure your buyers wee all delighted.

vrouw Hommel said...

I love the things you make, co much colour, beautiful!
groetjes

Marga said...

Your work is really beautiful! gr.
Marga

Степанова Наталья said...

Восхитительная работа!!! Потрясающе!!! Браво!

Bev said...

LOVE them all!

Cheery wave!

Bev

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, your creations are just way beyond pretty - they are gorgeous. I'm going to have to get out to your Etsy shop for sure.

Anonymous said...

Your work is so lovely I always enjoy visiting your blog

By Neymes said...

OLA JILL,ACABEI DE CONHECER SEU BLOG.ELE SER BEAUTIFUL.BOM TERÇA.VALÉRIA.(BRASIL).